POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MLPov crash with HDRI : Re: MLPov crash with HDRI Server Time
3 Jul 2024 04:50:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MLPov crash with HDRI
From: Mael
Date: 8 Mar 2003 10:53:21
Message: <3e6a11f1@news.povray.org>
> I am sorry to hear that you will not release a new version. MlPov was a
> sensation in the Terragen community. Recompiling is beyond me, I am
afraid,

http://195.221.122.126/tmp/mlpov83-win-bin.zip

changes in this version
-hdr_patch: no more image width limit
-hdr_patch: uses 3x less memory (keep original r,g,b,e and compute float
value when the image is used instead of computing floats at parse time)
-hdr_patch: uses the EXPOSURE parameter in the hdr header (not really
tested..)
-finish_maps: attempt to fix problems concerning transformations

I don't know if next megapov will include HDR but if so I hope it'll have a
better read function than mlpov's one (parse of informations in the header,
more robust when errors..), and support for output of HDR image..